Thank you for your interest in the Jessye Norman School of the Arts (JNSA)! JNSA is a free after school program that meets from 3pm to 6pm Monday-Friday.
Our students receive professional instruction in dance, drama, music, visual art, and photojournalism. Students are selected for the Jessye Norman School of the Arts based on audition, interview and the needs of the community we serve.
Application Process for all students, including returning students:
1.) Submit the application for audition.
1.A.) Returning students are not required to audition again if they ended the last session in good standing, but must submit an application and have a representative from the family attend the mandatory parent/student meeting every school year.
2.) You will receive notification of group audition dates and times.
3.) Attend the audition and interview
4.) You will receive notification of acceptance and will be asked to complete the student parent contract to formally accept.
5.) Attend mandatory student/parent open house. (All)
6.) Attend the program!
- The Jessye Norman School of The Arts is a school of excellence that requires endurance, effort and persistence to be successful.
- Children 5th through 12th grade.
- Students may audition once they reach the 4th grade or 9 years old.
- Once accepted, students are expected to maintain a “C” average or above to remain enrolled in the program.
- Carefully consider other activities that might cause conflicts with the program. (Sports, lessons, etc.)
- Carefully consider your ability to support your child's attendance.
JNSA is committed to EXCELLENCE in the Fine Arts. Students of JNSA are expected to be cooperative, respectful, and maintain the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING AUDITION APPLICATIONS. Space is limited and competitive. Please submit your application as soon as possible.