Congratulations to our first ever Window Project Featured Artist - Bea Barnes!
Bea Barnes is a 21 year old junior at Augusta University studying Fine Arts and Psychology. She finds inspiration for her pieces from her environments and loved ones. As an avid reader, researcher, and creater her art is reflective of her interest in both modern and classic studies.
Submit now to our next call for artists, to be selected in March! Click here
Now accepting applications for the Spring Semester.
Space is still available in our Fabulous Friday Home-school Program. Click on Community classes for details.
The Mission of the Jessye Norman School of the Arts is to develop students to become creative, caring, visionary, responsible citizens through the transformative power of the arts. The broad-ranged fine arts program challenges students academically, integrates technology and lays the foundation for extraordinary life experiences.
The Jessye Norman School of the Arts is an after school program designed to develop and nurture the artistic and creative talents of students. The School of the Arts serves the cultural and educational needs of these traditionally under-served youth by providing:
- Free fine arts instruction
- Academic Tutoring
- An opportunity for advanced level study in dance, drama, music, art, and creative writing
- Exposure to professionals working within the arts fields
- Information on possible careers in the arts
- Knowledge of technical aspects of presentation and performance
* This program is supported in part by the Greater Augusta Arts Council through appropriations from the City of Augusta, by the Georgia Council for the Arts, by a number of generous foundations, and by your contributions.